Все для тех, кому нужен английский язык!

Развлечения и отдых

Общение | Конкурсы | Афиша | Коллекции | Копилка

Форум | Ищу репетитора | Разговорные клубы

04 Май 2024, 17:16

Добро пожаловать, Гость.

Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь чтобы оставить сообщение.
Начало Помощь Поиск Правила форума Войти Регистрация
forum.englishteacher.ru  |  Английский язык  |  Speak English (Модератор: A.K.L.)  |  the evil eye « предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Страниц: [1] Ответ Печать
Автор Тема: the evil eye  (Прочитано 11092 раз)
KishMishsh
Privileged user
пользователь

« : 21 Декабрь 2010, 20:22 » Процитировать

Do you believe the evil eye?

I do belive. When somebody says something good about me it's evident that something bad will happen...
ibelk
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #1 : 21 Декабрь 2010, 21:50 » Процитировать

Actually, I don't believe in the evil eye, and pay no attention to any so-called bad or good signs, but now that I come to think of it I admit that I always follow the proverb "не говори гоп, пока не перепрыгнешь" (= don't count your chicken before they are hatched). And it's quite possible that the proverb is based on the superstitious belief in question.
KishMishsh
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #2 : 21 Декабрь 2010, 22:35 » Процитировать

ibelk, I agree with you. I always try to keep silent when planning something great. Were there any situations when you really spoilt your plans by saying "Gop"?
ibelk
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #3 : 21 Декабрь 2010, 23:13 » Процитировать

ibelk, I agree with you. I always try to keep silent when planning something great. Were there any situations when you really spoilt your plans by saying "Gop"?
Yes, there were situations where I failed after saying "gop", but it was long ago. Of course, I don't think I was jinxed. I failed then just because I lost concentration, and eased off too early, before the ultimate result of my actions was really achieved.
Since then I've always been following the wise saying about "gop". So now I usually fail after not saying "gop".  ab
KishMishsh
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #4 : 22 Декабрь 2010, 00:44 » Процитировать

So now I usually fail after not saying "gop".
What do you mean? ab
ibelk
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #5 : 22 Декабрь 2010, 09:05 » Процитировать

So now I usually fail after not saying "gop".
What do you mean? ab
Nothing serious. Just an attempt at black humour.   ac
Pinta
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #6 : 22 Декабрь 2010, 15:32 » Процитировать

"не говори гоп, пока не перепрыгнешь" (= don't count your chicken before they are hatched).
By the way, there is another good English proverb with the same meaning:
There is many a slip between the cup and the lip.
VegbMaK
пользователь

Beginner

« Ответ #7 : 23 Декабрь 2010, 23:14 » Процитировать

Well... I'd not say that it is the evil eye .When we begin to lose concentration we do mistakes. And It is main reason of our problems in future.
zeoga
пользователь

« Ответ #8 : 24 Декабрь 2010, 11:15 » Процитировать

I don't believe in evil eye. I think that this problem is in our head. I'll tell you a story to explain what I mean: this summer I passed the Finland custom and there were a lot of people. We were waiting for two hours to give our passports on control. One man came with his 14th years old daughter and said she has pancreatic diabetes and he will not wait for his turn. Everyone opened his mouth and said that there are a lot of babies, but their parents don't jump the queue. Nevertheless the man passed the control and a woman said him up: "You will not reach your home!" You cannot imagine how this poor girl was! I understand that it was only the words! But she was so scared that she couldn't move her body.

How will you name it? The evil eye? Not at all! The woman got angry, but she wasn't a sorceress!
Erica Blair
пользователь

« Ответ #9 : 24 Декабрь 2010, 17:23 » Процитировать

How will you name it? The evil eye? Not at all! The woman got angry, but she wasn't a sorceress!
No, she wasn’t. But her eye was certainly evil. And we don’t know whether they reached home safely. If Old Nick happened to be around just there and then, he might hear that and play his trick.  ac
Ms. Night
пользователь

« Ответ #10 : 13 Март 2011, 16:15 » Процитировать

I believe in evil eye. My native grandma has it. I have many proofs about it. For example, when i was a child and she gave me for several days from my parents.. after this i was crying during long time and nobody could stop my cry.... Now we almost dont chat...
fullfool
Privileged user
пользователь

We live in MATRIX)

« Ответ #11 : 16 Апрель 2011, 21:30 » Процитировать

I also don't believe in evil eye)
 All problems are in our mind:)

Страниц: [1] Ответ Печать 
« предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Перейти в:  
+ Быстрый ответ

Для прикрепления файлов нажмите на кнопку