Все для тех, кому нужен английский язык!

Развлечения и отдых

Общение | Конкурсы | Афиша | Коллекции | Копилка

Форум | Ищу репетитора | Разговорные клубы

08 Май 2024, 12:15

Добро пожаловать, Гость.

Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь чтобы оставить сообщение.
Начало Помощь Поиск Правила форума Войти Регистрация
forum.englishteacher.ru  |  Английский язык  |  Вопросы обучения (Модераторы: А. Л., A.K.L.)  |  Practise spoken English (in Moscow) « предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Страниц: [1] 2 Ответ Печать
Автор Тема: Practise spoken English (in Moscow)  (Прочитано 48655 раз)
Anton Bourbon
пользователь

« : 19 Апрель 2008, 16:29 » Процитировать

Would be glad to meet anybody who is eager to practise spoken English in Moscow.
I live at Kantemirovskaya metro, work at Kurskaya/Chkalovskaya. We could meet at my place or at a cafe/restaurant of our choosing in the city centre. If the weather is fine, going for a walk could also be a nice idea.
I have just taken IELTS exam and could share my experience of preparing and taking the exam in case you're going to take it too.
If you aren't interested in practising English because it's your mother tongue, we still could be very useful to each other. I could help you with your Russian among other things.

Anyway, do not hesitate to call me (9O6) 7-927-3O6 or mail to: english[AT]vuux.net
( replace [AT] with @ )
Liza
пользователь

« Ответ #1 : 20 Май 2008, 19:33 » Процитировать

One (meybe stupid) question))))))): why do you whant to help strangers in practise spoken English ??? Aren`t you afraid that some people could be unpleasant, annoying.... Or you do it for payment??? that is to say like a teacher?
You know, it looks strange when someone offers to just prectice..... ah
Anton Bourbon
пользователь

« Ответ #2 : 23 Май 2008, 02:31 » Процитировать

Oh my gosh! It took a mere month to get a whole follow-up!  ag

Liza, I do not want to `help strangers' with English or anything else. I want to practise spoken English, believe it or not. You seem not to understand what it means though. It means I'd like to improve my English. And you know, what is especially interesting, when you talk to somebody, they talk to you, too. ab You both speak, you both practise speaking, you both benefit. A usual conversation turns out to be a mutually beneficial means of learning foreign languages, if you don't mind my using such official words. ab

No, I'm not a teacher and don't offer any kind of service for money.

Yep, some people are unpleasant, some may annoy you. Am I afraid of it? By no means. Are you afraid that 2*2 = 4? I wouldn't. I don't have to continue meeting with somebody if I don't like them. Before actually meeting with people I talk to them by phone. And it's easy to decide if you like somebody or not after having just a 3 minute conversation by phone.

You know, sometimes it isn't even necessary to talk to a person by phone. For me, 3 sentences written by a person are often enough to guess who I am dealing with. (of course sentences like `my name is Vasya' and `I do not smoke' are too simple for this).

Thus, it may look strange to you, but I've already met a couple of interesting people with the help of this thread. They are pleasant to deal with and by no means are they annoying. But there are some problems. First of all, Moscow is a damn big city. For example I met a girl living in Khimki. And you can guess that it takes her more than an hour just ot get to the city centre where we usually meet. And another hour and some to come back. No wonder that we meet very rarely. Another problem is lack of free time. That makes it even more difficult for people to meet.

That is why I'd like to repeat that I'd be glad to meet more people.  ab
Asol-5
пользователь

« Ответ #3 : 23 Май 2008, 12:26 » Процитировать

Hello, Anton! You speak English pretty well.   ab Where did you learn it? Have you been abroad? And why is your surname Bourbon? Can you speak French?
Tushino
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #4 : 24 Май 2008, 10:48 » Процитировать

http://info.study.ru/?open=58703

it'll be today метро Сокольники в 16-00.

Anton Bourbon
пользователь

« Ответ #5 : 31 Май 2008, 03:43 » Процитировать

Hello, Anton! You speak English pretty well.   ab
Thanks but how did you find it out if you've never heard me speaking?  ad
Where did you learn it?
Well, mostly I learnt it on a chair! ad
You know, actually I learnt English from time to time in many different places.

why is your surname Bourbon? Can you speak French?
Asol-5, my `surname' is Bourbon for the same reason as your surname is 5  ab
Before going to France I knew only 5 French words. But even then I could speak French! When talking to a reception clerk in the hotel I stayed at in Paris, I used to say: `Monsieur, can I have my key, please?' And after having the key, `Merci!'
But just in a couple of days I knew 5 more French words and it turned into: `Can I have my key, s'il vous plait?' .... `Merci beaucoup, monsieur!'
So... sure thing I can speak French  ag
(Ok I confess that I looked up all these French words in dictionaries because I know how to pronounce them but have no idea how they are written)
Asol-5
пользователь

« Ответ #6 : 01 Июнь 2008, 10:57 » Процитировать

Hello, Anton!

Thanks but how did you find it out if you've never heard me speaking?  ad

Yes, but I see how you write. And I think that it is more difficult to write in English than to speak it. So if you can write in English without mistakes so you can speak it the same way.  ab

So... sure thing I can speak French 
Je comprends que vous en effect pouvez parler français  ab

And what other countries have you been to?
Anton Bourbon
пользователь

« Ответ #7 : 04 Июнь 2008, 22:24 » Процитировать

I think that it is more difficult to write in English than to speak it. So if you can write in English without mistakes so you can speak it the same way.  ab
I see your point. But I've got a different opinion about writing versus speaking.

It seems to me that when you write you have much time to think what to write and how to do it properly. If you forgot a word or aren't sure with spelling you can look it up in a dictionary. Or if you write online then not just in a dictionary because the whole Internet is at your disposal: dictionaries, search engines et al.

But when you speak, nothing of the kind is possible. After being asked a question you cannot answer `ok, please wait for 10 minutes, I forgot how to pronounce `choir'. I'll look it up'. You have to answer immediately or else it will be not a conversation (dialog) but rather a series of monologues with long pauses between them. You cannot think what to answer more than a couple of seconds, and even this couple of seconds should be filled with `well...', `mmmmmm' and so on.

That is why I believe speaking is like writing PLUS ability to do it very quickly. And doing anything but winking very quickly is rather a difficult thing to do ad
Ok, I seem to write too much ab

Je comprends que vous en effect pouvez parler français  ab
Ja-ja, natürlich. ad Actually I mean I can speak French as well as you can speak Swahili. If you saw `The Lion King' and can pronounce `hakuna matata', you can speak Swahili ab Ok, to stop this confusion: I cannot speak French at all.

And what other countries have you been to?
I've been to European countries that are in between Moscow and Paris ab Poland, Czech Republic, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden.
Asol-5
пользователь

« Ответ #8 : 13 Июнь 2008, 10:54 » Процитировать

That is why I believe speaking is like writing PLUS ability to do it very quickly
Hello, Anton! Sorry not to have answered for a long time. May be you are right. But do you agree that when you speak, you can help yourself with the intonation, voice tones? And when you speak  with a person face to face you are able to use different means of non-verbal communication e.g. facial expression and gestures. It all can help when you don't know the right word. And I absolutely agree with you that speaking is much more quicker. That is why your should be a very patient person to write without mistakes in a foreign language. You certainly are  ab
If you saw `The Lion King' and can pronounce `hakuna matata', you can speak Swahili
I didn't know it is in Swahili. What does this mean?

I've been to European countries that are in between Moscow and Paris  Poland, Czech Republic, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden.
Quite a big list! Lucky you are!  ab Was it business or pleasure? How long have you stayed in each country? Where did you like it most of all?
Anton Bourbon
пользователь

« Ответ #9 : 18 Июнь 2008, 22:11 » Процитировать

But do you agree that when you speak, you can help yourself with the intonation, voice tones? And when you speak  with a person face to face you are able to use different means of non-verbal communication e.g. facial expression and gestures.
Of course all these things can help you express what you want to say and help the other party understand you. But they cannot help you speak properly. That's the point.

Having mentioned gestures, you reminded me something.
My father's English is very poor and he can't understand native speakers. He visited the USA and had to change aircraft in JFK airport (which is enormous in size) in New York City. It was too difficult for him to find the way to the new aircraft without somebody's help. It was easy to ask "Excuse me, how can I get to Gate 32?" but so what? He could not understand what they replied! Guess what he did? After asking his question, he pretended that he was listening to the answer attentively. People usually started from pointing in the direction he should go, and then explained where to turn left or right or go up or downstairs etc. and so forth. People are really polite in the US, and they are capable of giving directions rather well. The latter is probably because they just have to give and get driving directions often. ex-Soviet people are miserable at this, probably because of good public transport system... So all the people he asked his question explained him in detail, where and which side to turn, where to go after that and so on. He just nodded and repeated "aha... aha" from time to time, as if he actually understood them ab And in the end he thanked them and went further. But what actually mattered for him, was only the direction they showed him with their hands! So he went in that direction, sometimes 100 meters and sometimes  just 10, and stopped at the nearest point where it was not obvious where to go. At that point, the process of asking, seeing the gesture, nodding and thanking repeated ab Believe me or not, he managed to get to his aircraft without much trouble. The moral is that gestures can sometimes completely replace conversation.
But again, it doesn't make your speech any better ab

your should be a very patient person to write without mistakes in a foreign language. You certainly are  ab
Thanks... though I'm not very patient ad You ought to be careful and not patient to write properly, I believe.
If you saw `The Lion King' and can pronounce `hakuna matata', you can speak Swahili
I didn't know it is in Swahili. What does this mean?
It means `there are no worries'. As `all right' or `ok' in English.

Was it business or pleasure?
Now you reminded me `The Terminal' (a Hollywood motion picture, by the way I liked it very much). Because all the officers at the US airport used this cliché ab
It was tourism.

How long have you stayed in each country? Where did you like it most of all?

Stayed for just a day or two, in rare cases for 3-4-5 days. And in a tiny country of Luxembourg I spent just a tiny amount of time, several hours (did not stay at a hotel there). But I just can't express how much good emotions I got during every trip to Europe  bq
I can't reply with 1 phrase where I liked it most of all. It's a long story... and again I seem to write too much ad Gotta go now...
Принцесса
пользователь

« Ответ #10 : 04 Июль 2008, 22:47 » Процитировать

Hello Anton! I'm that "girl living in Khimki" which you mentioned above in one of your messages aj. It is always pleasure to READ good English like yours. As i could see you succsseded greatly here. And some more persons estimated your good skills. What about me I'm ok. But the fact is great lack of time ac. Many things has happened since we met last time. I recently came back from vacations. I've spent 15 wonderful days in Croatia. I also have made redecoration of my flat. And finally i'm not quiet again. As i'm going to the business trip for a week. It will take place in France. Good luck to you! Wish you found perfect partner to speak wtih!:)
Wild Wind
Privileged user
пользователь

муррркотЭ

« Ответ #11 : 05 Июль 2008, 14:56 » Процитировать

I think there's already no need to meet with Anton Bourbon while we have a pleasant conversation here. To my mind it's high time to practise our English here:)
Принцесса
пользователь

« Ответ #12 : 21 Июль 2008, 12:15 » Процитировать

Hello, Wild Wind!  ad you're right and i think it's good idea. But i prefer real-time meetings firstly. If there is no posssibility i can speak via icq in the evening. The 3d way is letters by email. What would you choose? ab
Anton Bourbon
пользователь

« Ответ #13 : 04 Август 2008, 01:42 » Процитировать

Hello Anton! I'm that "girl living in Khimki"
Hey, Принцесса, glad to hear from you.  ab
But the fact is great lack of time ac.
I don't remember, maybe I've already told you... anyway, I think there is no such a thing as lack of time. Everybody has the same amount of time, namely 24 hours, every day. And it only depends on you what these 24 hours will be devoted to. You may be busy learning English and say that you don't have time to redecorate your flat. Or you may redecorate your flat and say there's a bad lack of time to learn English. You always have a choice  ad

I've spent 15 wonderful days in Croatia. I also have made redecoration of my flat. [...] going to the business trip for a week [...] in France.
That's wonderful! I mean traveling to Croatia and France. I don't doubt you had lots of good emotions in Croatia.
I've just returned from my holidays myself. It was unforgettable! I saw the highest mountain in Germany (Zugspitze, which is very picturesque, too) and the largest waterfall in Europe (Rheinfall). Walked along one of the most expensive streets in the world (Bahnhofstrasse in Zürich). Went to Pilatus mountain (where infamous Pontius Pilate was buried) by the steepest cogwheel railway in the world. (if you don't know what a cogwheel is, that's ok, I hadn't  known it myself before I went to Pilatus  ab Just look it up here ). And while going through one of the longest tunnels in the world (St. Gotthard Tunnel, 17 km long), I was amazed that not just my mobile phone worked there, but all 3 Swiss mobile operators worked in the tunnel! I congratulated my friend, who had a birthday that day, right from the tunnel... In a small but very well known town of Baden, Austria, I found a street named after... me... I hope...  ah Antonsgasse. (`gasse' in a sort of `narrow street' in German). Now I like Beethoven more because he definitely knew a good place to stay: he stayed at Antonsgasse, 4  ab
To make a long story short, I'm completely filled with good emotions...  bp
If I remember  correctly, Принцесса, you like proverbs very much. There's a good proverb: `A joy shared is doubled; a grief shared is halved'. So If anybody wants to let me share my good emotions and thus double them, do not hesitate. Write me or call me. My email address and my mobile phone number haven't changed (you can find them in the 1st posting of the thread).

Good luck to you! Wish you found perfect partner to speak wtih!:)
Thank you. I've already found a perfect partner, but she's too busy redecorating her flat and traveling around Europe to meet with me  ag
Wild Wind
Privileged user
пользователь

муррркотЭ

« Ответ #14 : 04 Август 2008, 20:19 » Процитировать

Hello, Wild Wind!  ad you're right and i think it's good idea. But i prefer real-time meetings firstly. If there is no posssibility i can speak via icq in the evening. The 3d way is letters by email. What would you choose? ab

I think that the best way to practise our english is face to face, but I have no idea how we can orginize it bn

That's why icq will help us in this case!

My icq number is 333390192.Welcome ab
Anton Bourbon
пользователь

« Ответ #15 : 07 Сентябрь 2008, 00:51 » Процитировать

In another thread in this forum, I saw a great idea to exchange English films, especially with English subtitles. I've got pretty many such films, and I'd like to get more. If you're interested, don't hesitate to contact me. Here's a list of the films I've got. Actually, the list is too long to post as 1 message, so I split it to several parts, this is only part 1.
Nearly all the films (except for documentaries) are DVDs. All are of good quality, having nothing in common with those 700 Megabytes .avi shit you can see everywhere in the Internet. Most of the DVDs were "cleaned" of annoying bits like ads and copyright warnings.

16 Blocks (2006)
IMDB rating: 6.7
Genre: Action, Crime, Drama, Thriller
Awards: 1 nomination
Director: Richard Donner
Cast: Bruce Willis, Mos Def, David Morse, Jenna Stern, Casey Sander, Cylk Cozart, David Zayas, Robert Racki, Patrick Garrow, Sasha Roiz, Conrad Pla, Hechter Ubarry, Richard Fitzpatrick, Peter McRobbie, Michael F. Keenan

25th Hour (2003)
IMDB rating: 7.9
Genre: Crime, Drama
Awards: Nominated for Golden Globe. Another 3 wins & 6 nominations
Director: Spike Lee
Cast: Edward Norton, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Barry Pepper, Rosario Dawson, Anna Paquin, Brian Cox, Tony Siragusa, Levan Uchaneishvili, Tony Devon, Misha Kuznetsov, Isiah Whitlock Jr., Michael Genet, Patrice O'Neal, Al Palagonia, Aaron Stanford

88 Minutes (2007)
IMDB rating: 6.1
Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller
Director: Jon Avnet
Cast: Al Pacino, Alicia Witt, Leelee Sobieski, Amy Brenneman, William Forsythe, Deborah Kara Unger, Benjamin McKenzie, Neal McDonough, Leah Cairns, Stephen Moyer, Christopher Redman, Brendan Fletcher, Michael Eklund, Kristina Copeland, Tammy Hui

Aladdin (1992)
IMDB rating: 7.7
Genre: Animation, Adventure, Family, Fantasy, Musical, Romance
Awards: Won 2 Oscars. Another 20 wins & 15 nominations
Director: Ron Clements, John Musker
Cast: Scott Weinger, Robin Williams, Linda Larkin, Jonathan Freeman, Frank Welker, Gilbert Gottfried, Douglas Seale, Bruce Adler, Brad Kane, Lea Salonga, Charles Adler, Jack Angel, Corey Burton, Philip L. Clarke, Jim Cummings

Aladdin 2. The Return of Jafar (1994)
IMDB rating: 5.2
Genre: Animation, Family, Musical, Fantasy
Awards: 1 nomination
Director: Toby Shelton, Tad Stones, more
Cast: Jonathan Freeman, Gilbert Gottfried, Jason Alexander, Scott Weinger, Linda Larkin, Jim Cummings, Frank Welker, Dan Castellaneta, Val Bettin, Brad Kane, Liz Callaway, Jeff Bennett, Brian Hannan, B.J. Ward

Aladdin and the King of Thieves (1995)
IMDB rating: 5.9
Genre: Animation, Family, Fantasy, Musical
Awards: 2 wins & 1 nomination
Director: Tad Stones
Cast: Robin Williams, Scott Weinger, Linda Larkin, John Rhys-Davies, Gilbert Gottfried, Jerry Orbach, Val Bettin, Frank Welker, Jeff Bennett, Jim Cummings, Corey Burton, Jess Harnell, Clyde Kusatsu, Rob Paulsen, CCH Pounder

American Gangster (2007)
IMDB rating: 8.0
Awards: Nominated for 2 Oscars. Another 4 wins & 25 nominations
Director: Ridley Scott
Cast: Denzel Washington, Russell Crowe, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Josh Brolin, Lymari Nadal, Ted Levine, Roger Guenveur Smith, John Hawkes, RZA, Yul Vazquez, Malcolm Goodwin, Ruby Dee, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, Carla Gugino, Skyler Fortgang

Analyze That (2002)
IMDB rating: 5.5
Genre: Comedy, Crime
Director: Harold Ramis
Cast: Robert De Niro, Billy Crystal, Lisa Kudrow, Joe Viterelli, Cathy Moriarty, Joey Diaz, Jerome LePage, Joseph Bono, Brian Rogalski, Thomas Rosales Jr., Patrick Marcune, John F. Gooding, Henry Morales-Ballet, Scott Dillin, Ted Neustadt

Analyze This (1999)
IMDB rating: 6.5
Genre: Comedy, Crime
Awards: Nominated for 2 Golden Globes. Another 4 wins & 5 nominations
Director: Harold Ramis
Cast: Robert De Niro, Billy Crystal, Lisa Kudrow, Chazz Palminteri, Kresimir Novakovic, Bart Tangredi, Michael Straka, Joseph Rigano, Joe Viterelli, Richard C. Castellano, Molly Shannon, Max Casella, Frank Pietrangolare, Kyle Sabihy, Bill Macy

Around the World in 80 Days with Michael Palin (1989)
IMDB rating: 8.9
Genre: Documentary
Awards: 2 wins & 6 nominations
Director:
Cast: Michael Palin, Terry Gilliam, Basil Pao

Assault on Precinct 13 (2005)
IMDB rating: 6.3
Genre: Action, Drama, Crime, Thriller
Awards: 1 win & 2 nominations
Director: Jean-Franзois Richet
Cast: Ethan Hawke, Laurence Fishburne, Gabriel Byrne, Maria Bello, Drea de Matteo, John Leguizamo, Brian Dennehy, Ja Rule, Currie Graham, Aisha Hinds, Matt Craven, Fulvio Cecere, Peter Bryant, Kim Coates, Hugh Dillon

The Avengers (1998)
IMDB rating: 3.4
Genre: Action, Adventure
Awards: 1 win & 9 nominations
Director: Jeremiah S. Chechik
Cast: Ralph Fiennes, Uma Thurman, Sean Connery, Patrick Macnee, Jim Broadbent, Fiona Shaw, Eddie Izzard, Eileen Atkins, John Wood, Carmen Ejogo, Keeley Hawes, Shaun Ryder, Nicholas Woodeson, Michael Godley, Richard Lumsden

Back to the Future (1985)
IMDB rating: 8.3
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Family, Sci-Fi
Awards: Won Oscar. Another 12 wins & 22 nominations
Director: Robert Zemeckis
Cast: Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Crispin Glover, Thomas F. Wilson, Claudia Wells, Marc McClure, Wendie Jo Sperber, George DiCenzo, Frances Lee McCain, James Tolkan, J.J. Cohen, Casey Siemaszko, Billy Zane, Harry Waters Jr.

Back to the Future 2 (1989)
IMDB rating: 7.3
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Family, Sci-Fi, Thriller
Awards: Nominated for Oscar. Another 8 wins & 5 nominations
Cast: Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Thomas F. Wilson, Elisabeth Shue, James Tolkan, Jeffrey Weissman, Casey Siemaszko, Billy Zane, J.J. Cohen, Charles Fleischer, E. Casanova Evans, Jay Koch, Charles Gherardi, Ricky Dean Logan

Back to the Future 3 (1990)
IMDB rating: 6.9
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Family, Sci-Fi, Western
Awards: 4 wins & 8 nominations
Cast: Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Mary Steenburgen, Thomas F. Wilson, Lea Thompson, Elisabeth Shue, James Tolkan, Matt Clark, Dub Taylor, Harry Carey Jr., Pat Buttram, Christopher Wynne, Sean Gregory Sullivan, Mike Watson, Marc McClure

A Beautiful Mind (2001)
Genre: Biography, Drama
Awards: Won 4 Oscars. Another 27 wins & 48 nominations
Director: Ron Howard
Cast: Russell Crowe, Ed Harris, Jennifer Connelly, Christopher Plummer, Paul Bettany, Adam Goldberg, Josh Lucas, Anthony Rapp, Jason Gray-Stanford, Judd Hirsch, Austin Pendleton, Vivien Cardone, Jillie Simon, Victor Steinbach, Tanya Clarke

Bible Mysteries (1994)
IMDB rating: 8.7
Director:
Cast: Richard Kiley, Jean Simmons

Big (1988)
IMDB rating: 7.2
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Family, Fantasy, Romance
Awards: Nominated for 2 Oscars. Another 8 wins & 11 nominations
Director: Penny Marshall
Cast: Tom Hanks, Elizabeth Perkins, Robert Loggia, John Heard, Jared Rushton, David Moscow, Jon Lovitz, Mercedes Ruehl, Josh Clark, Kimberlee M. Davis, Oliver Block, Erika Katz, Allan Wasserman, Mark Ballou, Gary Howard Klar

The Black Dahlia (2006)
Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery, Thriller
Awards: Nominated for Oscar. Another 1 win & 6 nominations
Director: Brian De Palma
Cast: Josh Hartnett, Scarlett Johansson, Aaron Eckhart, Hilary Swank, Mia Kirshner, Mike Starr, Fiona Shaw, Patrick Fischler, James Otis, John Kavanagh, Troy Evans, Anthony Russell, Pepe Serna, Angus MacInnes, Rachel Miner

Blackbeard: Terror at Sea (2006)
IMDB rating: 5.7
Genre: Drama
Director: Richard Dale, Tilman Remme
Cast: James Purefoy, Mark Noble, Jack Galloway, James Hillier, Jimmy Akingbola, Antonia Campbell-Hughes, Robert Ricards, James Marchant, Simon Kunz, Rupert Wickham, Roger Barclay, Peter Pacey, Michael Mьller, Brandon Hooper, Manuel Cauchi

Blood Diamond (2006)
IMDB rating: 8.0
Genre: Adventure, Drama, Thriller
Awards: Nominated for 5 Oscars. Another 5 wins & 14 nominations
Director: Edward Zwick
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Djimon Hounsou, Jennifer Connelly, Kagiso Kuypers, Arnold Vosloo, Antony Coleman, Benu Mabhena, Anointing Lukola, David Harewood, Basil Wallace, Jimi Mistry, Michael Sheen, Marius Weyers, Stephen Collins, Ntare Mwine

Blown Away (1994)
IMDB rating: 5.8
Genre: Action, Thriller
Awards: 2 nominations
Director: Stephen Hopkins
Cast: Jeff Bridges, Tommy Lee Jones, Suzy Amis, Lloyd Bridges, Forest Whitaker, Stephi Lineburg, John Finn, Caitlin Clarke, Christofer de Oni, Loyd Catlett, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, Lucinda Weist, Brendan Burns, Patricia A. Heine, Josh McLaglen

The Blue Planet (2001)
IMDB rating: 9.4
Awards: Won 2 Primetime Emmys. Another 4 wins & 12 nominations
Director: Alastair Fothergill
Cast: David Attenborough

The Bounty (1984)
IMDB rating: 6.8
Genre: Adventure, Drama, History
Director: Roger Donaldson
Cast: Mel Gibson, Anthony Hopkins, Laurence Olivier, Edward Fox, Daniel Day-Lewis, Bernard Hill, Philip Davis, Liam Neeson, Wi Kuki Kaa, Tevaite Vernette, Philip Martin Brown, Simon Chandler, Malcolm Terris, Simon Adams, John Sessions
Anton Bourbon
пользователь

« Ответ #16 : 14 Сентябрь 2008, 03:10 » Процитировать

OK, here is part 2 of the list of films I have got. To be continued...  ab

The Bourne Identity (2002)
IMDB rating: 7.6
Genre: Action, Adventure, Mystery, Thriller
Awards: 3 wins & 4 nominations
Director: Doug Liman
Cast: Matt Damon, Franka Potente, Chris Cooper, Clive Owen, Brian Cox, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Gabriel Mann, Walton Goggins, Josh Hamilton, Julia Stiles, Orso Maria Guerrini, Tim Dutton, Denis Braccini, Nicky Naude, David Selburg

The Bourne Supremacy (2004)
IMDB rating: 7.5
Awards: 5 wins & 19 nominations
Director: Paul Greengrass
Cast: Matt Damon, Franka Potente, Brian Cox, Julia Stiles, Karl Urban, Gabriel Mann, Joan Allen, Marton Csokas, Tom Gallop, John Bedford Lloyd, Ethan Sandler, Michelle Monaghan, Karel Roden, Tomas Arana, Oksana Akinshina

The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)
IMDB rating: 8.2
Awards: Won 3 Oscars. Another 14 wins & 25 nominations
Director: Paul Greengrass
Cast: Matt Damon, Julia Stiles, David Strathairn, Scott Glenn, Paddy Considine, Йdgar Ramнrez, Albert Finney, Joan Allen, Tom Gallop, Corey Johnson, Daniel Brьhl, Joey Ansah, Colin Stinton, Dan Fredenburgh, Lucy Liemann

Bowfinger (1999)
IMDB rating: 6.3
Genre: Comedy
Awards: 6 nominations
Director: Frank Oz
Cast: Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy, Heather Graham, Christine Baranski, Jamie Kennedy, Adam Alexi-Malle, Kohl Sudduth, Barry Newman, Terence Stamp, Robert Downey Jr., Alejandro Patino, Alfred De Contreras, Ramiro Fabian, Johnny Sanchez, Claude Brooks

The Brave One (2007)
IMDB rating: 6.9
Awards: Nominated for Golden Globe. Another 1 nomination
Director: Neil Jordan
Cast: Jodie Foster, Terrence Howard, Nicky Katt, Naveen Andrews, Mary Steenburgen, Ene Oloja, Luis Da Silva Jr., Blaze Foster, Rafael Sardina, Jane Adams, Gordon MacDonald, Zoл Kravitz, John Magaro, Victor Colicchio, Jermel Howard

Bronx Tale (1993)
Genre: Crime, Drama
Awards: 1 win & 2 nominations
Director: Robert De Niro
Cast: Robert De Niro, Chazz Palminteri, Lillo Brancato, Francis Capra, Taral Hicks, Kathrine Narducci, Clem Caserta, Alfred Sauchelli Jr., Frank Pietrangolare, Joe Pesci, Robert D'Andrea, Eddie Montanaro, Fred Fischer, Dave Salerno, Joe D'Onofrio

Catch Me If You Can (2002)
IMDB rating: 7.7
Genre: Biography, Crime, Drama
Awards: Nominated for 2 Oscars. Another 10 wins & 18 nominations
Director: Steven Spielberg
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks, Christopher Walken, Martin Sheen, Nathalie Baye, Amy Adams, James Brolin, Brian Howe, Frank John Hughes, Steve Eastin, Chris Ellis, John Finn, Jennifer Garner, Nancy Lenehan, Ellen Pompeo

Chicago (2002)
Genre: Crime, Drama, Musical
Awards: Won 6 Oscars. Another 34 wins & 54 nominations
Director: Rob Marshall
Cast: Taye Diggs, Cliff Saunders, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Renйe Zellweger, Dominic West, Jayne Eastwood, Bruce Beaton, Roman Podhora, John C. Reilly, Colm Feore, Rob Smith, Sean Wayne Doyle, Steve Behal, Robbie Rox, Chita Rivera

A Clockwork Orange (1971)
IMDB rating: 8.5
Awards: Nominated for 4 Oscars. Another 5 wins & 12 nominations
Director: Stanley Kubrick
Cast: Malcolm McDowell, Patrick Magee, Michael Bates, Warren Clarke, John Clive, Adrienne Corri, Carl Duering, Paul Farrell, Clive Francis, Michael Gover, Miriam Karlin, James Marcus, Aubrey Morris, Godfrey Quigley, Sheila Raynor

Cocktail (1988)
IMDB rating: 5.2
Genre: Drama, Romance
Awards: Nominated for Golden Globe. Another 5 wins & 3 nominations
Director: Roger Donaldson
Cast: Tom Cruise, Bryan Brown, Elisabeth Shue, Lisa Banes, Laurence Luckinbill, Kelly Lynch, Gina Gershon, Ron Dean, Robert Donley, Ellen Foley, Andrea Morse, Chris Owens, Justin Louis, John Graham, Richard Thorn

Cold Mountain (2003)
Genre: Drama, Romance, War
Awards: Won Oscar. Another 13 wins & 61 nominations
Director: Anthony Minghella
Cast: Jude Law, Nicole Kidman, Renйe Zellweger, Eileen Atkins, Brendan Gleeson, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Natalie Portman, Giovanni Ribisi, Donald Sutherland, Ray Winstone, Kathy Baker, James Gammon, Charlie Hunnam, Jack White, Ethan Suplee

The Contract (2006)
IMDB rating: 5.6
Genre: Drama, Thriller, Crime
Director: Bruce Beresford
Cast: Morgan Freeman, John Cusack, Jamie Anderson, Alice Krige, Megan Dodds, Corey Johnson, Jonathan Hyde, Bill Smitrovich, Anthony Warren, Ned Bellamy, Thomas Lockyer, Gary Whelan, Ian Shaw, Atanas Srebrev, Maynard Eziashi

The Contractor (2007)
Genre: Action
Director: Josef Rusnak
Cast: Wesley Snipes, Eliza Bennett, Lena Headey, Ralph Brown, Charles Dance, Gemma Jones, Iain Robertson, Richard Harrington, Ryan McCluskey, John Standing, Stanimir Stamatov, Milos Miroslav, Velizar Binev, Nikolai Sotirov, Peter Kerry Morgan

Crocodile Dundee (1986)
IMDB rating: 6.4
Genre: Adventure, Comedy
Awards: Nominated for Oscar. Another 3 wins & 7 nominations
Director: Peter Faiman
Cast: Paul Hogan, Linda Kozlowski, John Meillon, David Gulpilil, Ritchie Singer, Maggie Blinco, Steve Rackman, Gerry Skilton, Terry Gill, Peter Turnbull, Christine Totos, Graham 'Grace' Walker, David Bracks, Brett Hogan, Mark Blum

Crossroads (1986)
IMDB rating: 6.6
Genre: Drama, Music, Mystery, Romance
Awards: 1 win
Director: Walter Hill
Cast: Ralph Macchio, Joe Seneca, Jami Gertz, Joe Morton, Robert Judd, Steve Vai, Dennis Lipscomb, Harry Carey Jr., John Hancock, Allan Arbus, Gretchen Palmer, Al Fann, Wally Taylor, Tim Russ, Tex Donaldson

Cypher (2002)
IMDB rating: 7.1
Genre: Mystery, Sci-Fi, Thriller
Awards: 5 wins & 3 nominations
Director: Vincenzo Natali
Cast: Jeremy Northam, Lucy Liu, Nigel Bennett, Timothy Webber, David Hewlett, Kari Matchett, Kristina Nicoll, Joseph Scoren, Stephen Brown, Arnold Pinnock, Jocelyn Snowdon, Boyd Banks, Steve Jackson, Dan Duran, Valerie Buhagiar

The Da Vinci Code (2006)
IMDB rating: 6.4
Genre: Drama, Mystery, Thriller
Awards: Nominated for Golden Globe. Another 16 nominations
Director: Ron Howard
Cast: Tom Hanks, Audrey Tautou, Ian McKellen, Jean Reno, Paul Bettany, Alfred Molina, Jьrgen Prochnow, Jean-Yves Berteloot, Etienne Chicot, Jean-Pierre Marielle, Marie-Franзoise Audollent, Rita Davies, Francesco Carnelutti, Seth Gabel, Shane Zaza

Dances with Wolves (1990)
Genre: Adventure, Drama, Western
Awards: Won 7 Oscars. Another 30 wins & 20 nominations
Director: Kevin Costner
Cast: Kevin Costner, Mary McDonnell, Graham Greene, Rodney A. Grant, Floyd 'Red Crow' Westerman, Tantoo Cardinal, Robert Pastorelli, Charles Rocket, Maury Chaykin, Jimmy Herman, Nathan Lee Chasing His Horse, Michael Spears, Jason R. Lone Hill, Tony Pierce, Doris Leader Charge

Death at a Funeral (2007)
Awards: 2 wins
Director: Frank Oz
Cast: Matthew Macfadyen, Keeley Hawes, Andy Nyman, Ewen Bremner, Daisy Donovan, Alan Tudyk, Jane Asher, Kris Marshall, Rupert Graves, Peter Vaughan, Thomas Wheatley, Peter Egan, Peter Dinklage, Brendan O'Hea, Jeremy Booth

Die Hard 4 (2007)
Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller
Awards: 2 wins & 8 nominations
Director: Len Wiseman
Cast: Bruce Willis, Timothy Olyphant, Justin Long, Maggie Q, Cliff Curtis, Jonathan Sadowski, Andrew Friedman, Kevin Smith, Yorgo Constantine, Cyril Raffaelli, Chris Palermo, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Sung Kang, Zeljko Ivanek, Christina Chang

Domestic Disturbance (2001)
IMDB rating: 5.3
Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery, Thriller
Director: Harold Becker
Cast: John Travolta, James Lashly, Rebecca Tilney, Debra Mooney, Vince Vaughn, Teri Polo, Leland L. Jones, Matt O'Leary, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, Susan Floyd, William Parry, Suzanne Nystrom, George Christy, Steve Buscemi, David Bridgewater

Double Jeopardy (1999)
IMDB rating: 6.0
Genre: Thriller, Drama, Mystery, Crime
Awards: 1 win & 3 nominations
Director: Bruce Beresford
Cast: Tommy Lee Jones, Ashley Judd, Benjamin Weir, Jay Brazeau, Bruce Greenwood, John Maclaren, Ed Evanko, Annabeth Gish, Bruce Campbell, Brennan Elliott, Angela Schneider, Michael Gaston, Gillian Barber, Tom McBeath, David Jacox

Down Periscope (1996)
IMDB rating: 5.3
Director: David S. Ward
Cast: Kelsey Grammer, Lauren Holly, Rob Schneider, Harry Dean Stanton, Bruce Dern, William H. Macy, Ken Hudson Campbell, Toby Huss, Duane Martin, Jonathan Penner, Bradford Tatum, Harland Williams, Rip Torn, James Martin Jr., Jordan Marder

Enchanted (2007)
Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Family, Fantasy, Musical, Romance
Awards: Nominated for 3 Oscars. Another 6 wins & 19 nominations
Director: Kevin Lima
Cast: Amy Adams, Patrick Dempsey, James Marsden, Timothy Spall, Idina Menzel, Rachel Covey, Susan Sarandon, Julie Andrews, Jeff Bennett, Kevin Lima, Emma Rose Lima, Teala Dunn, Fred Tatasciore, Courtney Williams, William Huntley

Equator (2006)
Director:
Cast: Simon Reeve
Taty
пользователь

« Ответ #17 : 14 Сентябрь 2008, 17:14 » Процитировать

Здравствуйте. Anton. Не сочтите за наглость, но нет ли у вас на английском языке фильма Pride and Prejudice 1995 года, снятого ВВС? Вот было бы здорово!!!
Wild Wind
Privileged user
пользователь

муррркотЭ

« Ответ #18 : 14 Сентябрь 2008, 19:33 » Процитировать

Anton Bourbon, I see you really work very hard while getting these lists of films. I am in seventh heaven because you have found lot of videos I like very much. Every now and then I will try also to type the links with films that I find!
Anton Bourbon
пользователь

« Ответ #19 : 15 Сентябрь 2008, 00:32 » Процитировать

нет ли у вас на английском языке фильма Pride and Prejudice 1995 года, снятого ВВС? Вот было бы здорово!!!
Taty, I do have this film. Or rather not a `film', but a mini tv series (with some 6 episodes, total runtime is some 5 hours).
But I can't say anything about this tv series: I didn't watch it.
Besides I have another film based on a novel of the same writer, Jane Austen. And in this case, it is a real film, not a series. Mansfield Park. It's British, not Holywood, as well as Pride and Prejudice of 1995. Mansfield Park was given to me by my private teacher. And I'm very grateful to her because the film turned out to be absolutely wonderful! A very interesting, touching, warm film. I recommend it to everybody, especially to girls.

Страниц: [1] 2 Ответ Печать 
« предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Перейти в:  
+ Быстрый ответ

Для прикрепления файлов нажмите на кнопку